Monday, December 1, 2008

Minimal Side Effects!

Just a quick update on a great weekend. I am so happy that Nova did not appear to experience any severe side effects from the carboplatin treatment the other day, aside from a tiny bit of diarrhea. They said side effects might occur within 3-5 days after the treatment (that was last Wednesday). That time has passed, and Nova appears to be doing great. She's usually pretty lethargic anyway, so it was hard to tell if she was more tired than usual. If anything, she seems to have a little MORE energy than usual. We had a few visitors to the house over the last few days, and she has been her typical nosy self, getting up and walking around, and also leaning on people. Her appetite seemed a little off during the day, but she is still eating her meals.

Here Alex is feeding her sliced turkey and ice cubes during one of the afternoons where she didn't seem to feel like eating. She will eat sliced turkey no matter what.





I don't know why, but I don't ever notice her at the water dish and she won't take water when I get it. Perhaps I should remind her again of that card Annie sent about drinking plenty of fluids! So I have still been hand feeding her ice cubes and watching to make sure her pee isn't too dark. She's even gone out to hop around in the snow for a few minutes.


The next event is Wednesday, where I will take her to her regular vet for a CBC blood test. I really don't know exactly what it is for, but I think it will give some indication how the chemo is affecting her.

2 comments:

OKim1 said...

You can syringe her water... it's important to stay hydrated!!
Ps vote for Buster(husky tripawd)

Suzy said...

I never thought to use a syringe. It seems like she is getting better about drinking the last few days though.

I just voted for Buster, what a handsome husky he is!